The G13 Calendar War

This is the account of my legal fight against the mandatory (de facto, not de jure) use of the Gregorian Calendar (decreed by Pope Gregory XIII in 1582) to establish half of my identity. Even though I'm engaged in a battle with governmental entities here in the United States, my ultimate war is against the Roman Catholic Church and the authority/jurisdiction of the pope to determine what calendar is used by the peoples and nations of the world. [thedailywarrior@gmail.com]

May 26, 2009

Petition for Change of DOB

    Wow! I can't believe it's been just about 3 years, since I posted something on this blog. My how time flies!
 
    Now that the legal ball seems to be rolling again, I'll try to update this as events warrant.
 
    About a year ago, I submitted a Petition to Change the Date of Birth on my birth certificate to the Collin County (TX) District Court in McKinney.
 
    The day I chose to go before the judge was the day he decided not to show up. So I figured I would just see him on my way back from Kentucky. But again, timing circumstances prevented me from seeing him on my return.
 
    So that particular battle was not engaged.
 
    Then last fall, I submitted a petition to the Cochise County (AZ) Superior Court in Bisbee. At the hearing, the judge denied my petition because no authority existed for her to make such a change. The law allowed her to make a change in someone's name, but not for a change in the date of birth (except for a baby right after birth, due to an typo error).
 
    Amazing, huh?! I can change the 50% of my identity that my parents gave me, but I can't change the other 50% that the Roman Catholic Church gave me. Just stop and think about that!
 
    So another battle was not engaged. Now for a change in strategy . . .